This is only a test. If this had been an actual emergency official information, news, or instructions would be posted here.
Press Release: Announcing the Inaugural Little Compton Tennis Tournament
The Recreation Committee of Little Compton is announcing a Tennis Tournament to be held in August and September on the town’s new courts. The courts were completed in October 2016 as part of a bigger project which included a new field and walking paths, located next to Wilbur School on Meeting House Lane in Little Compton.
The Little Compton Tennis Tournament will have competition for 5 different categories: Men’s Singles, Women’s Singles, Men’s Doubles, Women’s Doubles and Mixed Doubles. The winner of each category is determined by the process of elimination. The winner of each match advances to play another player or team. The order of play will be a blind ladder, based on player’s providing us with their ability level. We will match up players who register without a partner. More detail can be found on the town website.
The deadline to register is August 19, 2017. The final match to determine the winner of each category will be September 9, 2017.
Register: Registration Little Compton Tennis Tournament
For questions, email: LCTennisTournament@gmail.com
- For Community Events please see the below resources:
- Annual Transfer Station stickers are available for purchase in the Town Clerk’s Office for a fee of $5 each. Download the Town Recycling Pamphlet for more information. Interested in learning more? Go to the Recycle Together RI.
- For Recycling Do's and Don'ts, Please Click Here
- Struggling to make your mortgage payment? Download the Rhode Island Housing Help Center flyer to explore your options.
- Flood Maps: residents can view their flood map by inserting their property address on the FEMA.gov website and then following any further instructions.
- The Town is seeking volunteers to assist during events where the town needs to open a Medical Emergency Point of Distribution Site, such as a town-wide flu clinic. No prior medical experience is required for most of the voluntary positions. For further details, please contact the Town Clerk’s Office.
This information is compiled and made available as a public service by the Town of Little Compton, Rhode Island. However, the Town makes no warranty as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information and is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for results obtained from the use of the information. Distribution of the information does not constitute such a warranty. Use of the information is the sole responsibility of the user.